Pepper Agro Coconut Husk Chips Hydroponics Horticultural Grade Orchid Gardening
- Coconut husk chips or coir husk as the name suggest, are small chunks of coconut husk they are manufactured by cutting, shredding.
- Coconut husk chips is ideal for orchid potting mix. Coconut husk chips or coir husk as the name suggest, are small chunks of coconut husk.
- They are manufactured by cutting, shredding and grading the coconut husk.
- Medium coconut husk chips are a primary ingredient in orchid potting mix.
- Coconut husk chips are more and more popular as an alternative to fir bark.
- Coconut husk chips are easy to water and slower than bark to break down, remaining open and airy longer.
- This is of particular importance to those growing in tropical conditions.
- Coconut husk chips mix well with other ingredients to create a wide variety of orchid mixes.
- Medium coconut husk chips are a fairly even 1/4-1/2 inch size and shape with fibrous crevices that orchid roots just love.
- It absorbs water well and holds it like a sponge releasing it as the roots drink.
- Orchid mixes with coconut husk chips are easy to work with and make repotting orchids a joy.
- Soak the coconut husk chips overnight and wash again before use. Use it alone or mix it with same quantity charcoal for better result.