Pepper Agro Lemon Grass Herbs Seeds 2 packs
- No of seeds is 50 in each pack
- An essential herb for Asian cuisine, the leaves and stems of lemongrass can be used fresh or dried to impart a distinct lemon flavor.
- Lemongrass also makes a wonderful ingredient for hot teas, and is attractive enough to grow simply as an ornamental in patio pots or in the sunny garden.
- Lemongrass thrives in moist soil and full sun, growing 3 to 5 feet tall within a single season.
- The seed germinates in 7 to 14 days, and the plant reaches a good size for picking about 3 months later. If you begin the seeds indoors, transplant the young plants at about 6 inches high.
- Lemongrass is hardy only in zones 8-11, so if you live north of its range, you may want to grow it in containers, where it can be brought to a bright, frost-free location for winter.
- Quite long-lived, it will fulfill all your culinary needs for many seasons!
- Lemongrass is a tropical grass that thrives in summer heat.
- It is well suited to container growing, and ideal for greenhouse cultivation.
- It can be grown as a perennial in our climate, but care must be taken to control moisture in the soil over winter, and to provide protection from frost.
- It is somewhat challenging to grow, but the reward is fresh, strongly aromatic stalks with very minimal carbon footprint.