Pepper Agro Peas Long sweet Vegetable Seeds 2 packs
- Green peas are a garden favourite.
- Whether you grow English peas for shelling, or edible-podded snow and snap peas, there s nothing like the taste of fresh, sweet peas in spring.
- Growing pea plants is incredibly easy and you can achieve a good yield in a small space.
- In fact, you can even grow them in containers on the patio for a really space-saving crop.
- Peas, botanically a fruit, belong to the Fabaceae family of flowering plants just like cowpeas and pigeon peas.
- Peas are also recognized as the only legume to be consumed fresh unlike the lentils, pulses, and chickpeas that are sold in the dried form.
- Considered as one of the earliest food crops to be cultivated, peas are most abundantly produced in Canada with France, China, Russia, and India next in line.
- The fresh green peas come packed with phytonutrients, specially coumestrol, that protects against stomach cancer.
- Another phytonutrient found only in peas is saponin.
- Being low on the glycemic index and high on the fibre and protein content, the risk of developing Type 2 diabetes is also down to a minimum if you consume peas regularly.
- These also come loaded with antioxidants and nutrients like Vitamin A, C, B6, K, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and phosphorous.